Friday, January 14, 2011

Even being sick was charming back then.

In 1951, the Disney Studios produced a ten minute cartoon entitled How to Catch a Cold. It ran on television as a commercial for Disposable Kleenex Tissues and was shown in health classes in schools.  Some of the CGI work that is being done today is amazing, but I find animation like this (especially from this era) so charming and full of personality that it's pure magic.


Click here for the original article at the 2719 HYPERION blog

I've been mighty sick myself in 2011 so far, so I haven't done to much sketchin'.

I did do this warm up sketch the other day.  I was looking for photo reference websites and stumbled across a PAY one, they had some free samples so I grabbed one and did a quick gesture sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog!! Great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Freckles. I moved it to a new URL not too long ago and am glad people are starting to follow again.

    ReplyDelete